Walgreen Co. (“Walgreens”) and its applicable subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “we,” “our,” or “us”) have created Walgreens Viewpoint Community (the “Community”), which is an online community research panel established as a way for our customers to share their opinions and experiences with us, with other members of the Community, and with third parties, and to help us make sure that you, as one of our customers, are kept at the very heart of the products and services we offer.
By being a member of the Community, you may have the opportunity to:
- Let us know what you think about the products and services we offer and help us and third parties develop new ideas for those products and services;
- Chat with like-minded customers about your experience shopping at Walgreens;
- Preview new products and provide feedback on them; and
- Take part in contests and activities to win Walgreens Cash, cash, or cash equivalents.
Terms of Community Website Use
viewpoint.walgreens.com, (“our site” or “the Community website”), as a member of the Community.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the Community.
- You must sign our HIPAA Authorization(s) if you wish to participate in the Community research activities that require use or disclosure of your identifiable information governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
- When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use our site.
- By clicking to accept these Terms and Conditions with respect to website use, you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them.
- If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you are prohibited from using our site.
We may modify or update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If you continue to use our site after any changes, this means you agree to be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions. If we modify our Terms and Conditions in a manner that expands the scope of uses and disclosures of your identifiable information beyond what is provided in your HIPAA Authorization(s), we will seek a new HIPAA Authorization from you prior to using or disclosing your identifiable information under the modified Terms and Conditions.
Participation in the Community and Termination of Membership
Your membership and participation in the Community is voluntary. You must be a member of our myWalgreens™ program to be a member of and participate in the Community. You are entitled to terminate your membership and participation in the Community at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link here, on your personalized Community webpage, or in your Community research activity email invitations. Termination of your membership in the Community will also cause your HIPAA Authorization(s) that you signed for the Community to expire.
Member Conduct in the Community
We may terminate your right to use the Community website, with or without cause at any time in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, for the reasons below:
- Your conduct is abusive, deceptive, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, offensive or otherwise inappropriate;
- Your Material (as defined in the next section of these Terms and Conditions), or any content or links you provide comprises copyrighted material used without the express permission of the owner;
- You violate or encroach on the rights of others;
- Your Material contains viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses and other forms of corruptive code, or any other content which may compromise our site;
- You advocate illegal activity;
- You harm anyone, including without limitation minors; or
- You provide a link to any of the above.
We have the sole discretion to determine whether your Material violates the above restrictions. Any material submitted to the Community website may be subject to examination from time to time. Although we do not and will not examine and review all material submitted or transmitted to the Community website, we may delete, move, and edit material for any reason, at any time, without notice.
Any material discovered on the Community website that is deemed, in our sole discretion, to be in violation of Title 18 of the United States Code, Sections 2251 et seq. may be reported and disclosed to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
Uploading Material to the Community Website
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material such as ideas, opinions, experiences, health information, suggestions, mini-polls, surveys, videos, pictures or anything else (“your Material”) to the Community website, or to communicate or make contact with other members of the Community, you must comply with the conduct and material standards for the Community website set out above in these Terms and Conditions. You warrant that your conduct and your Material, or any other such contribution you make to the Community website, does comply with those conduct and material standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Please be aware that when you upload your Material to our site, you are doing so pursuant to the terms of your HIPAA Authorization(s) and your Material, while protected under HIPAA, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary in that we have the right to use, copy, create derivative works from, and distribute and disclose to third parties your Material in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and your HIPAA Authorization(s), as applicable.
By submitting your Material to our site, you warrant that you have the right to make it available to us, your Material is not defamatory, and your Material does not infringe any law or rights or interests of any third party in any country of the world, in particular that your Material does not plagiarize or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, personal publicity or proprietary rights in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. As permitted by law, we also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of your Material or any other materials posted by you or any other user of our site. We have the right to remove your Material or any posting you make on our site if, in our sole and absolute opinion, your Material does not comply with the content standards set out in these Terms and Conditions. You agree to indemnify Walgreens against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by us as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
Information We May Collect From You on Our Site as a Member of the Community
We will collect information about you when:
- You register to become a member of the Community;
- You complete research activities or provide comments in person or on the Community website by participating in activities, such as online discussions, focus groups, mini polls, surveys or other research activities;
- You email the Community helpdesk or submit suggestions to us about the Community;
- You provide contact information including name, home or shipping address, email address, and phone number, as well as other contact information you may choose to provide to us as a member of the Community;
- You upload photos or videos to the Community website or email them as part of a Community research activity;
- You provide health information or conditions as part of a Community research activity;
- You send us emails with your comments in them; or
- You visit various webpages of the Community website.
How We May Use and Disclose Your Information for Purposes of the Community
Information we have about you as our customer through the Walgreens myWalgreens™ program, information we have about you as a patient of Walgreens pharmacy, which you have authorized us to use and disclose, and information you provide to us as a member of the Community may be used and disclosed by us for purposes of the Community. The Community is part of the Walgreens myWalgreens™ financial incentive program as described in the myWalgreens™ Terms and Conditions. We will only use and disclose your information for purposes of the Community in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the HIPAA Authorization(s) you sign for the Community, as applicable.
Your Identifiable Information
Specifically, we may only use and disclose your individually identifiable information and information that we have about you as a patient of Walgreens pharmacy (collectively “Identifiable Information”) for purposes of the Community, if you have authorized us to do so by signing a HIPAA Authorization. The HIPAA Authorization(s) you sign for the Community outline how we may use or disclose your Identifiable Information. Once you have authorized your Identifiable Information to be used and disclosed for purposes of the Community, we will only use it and disclose it as permitted by the terms of your HIPAA Authorization(s).
To further ensure that we use and disclose your Identifiable Information in accordance with your wishes, for each Community research activity where Identifiable Information may be disclosed to a third party or to other members of the Community, Walgreens will first provide you with a more specific description of the particular types of Identifiable Information that may be disclosed and the entities to whom the Identifiable Information may be disclosed, and then Walgreens will only make such disclosure if you provide your written acknowledgment of the disclosure. Please be assured that we will never seek your written acknowledgment to expand the scope of permissible disclosures described in your HIPAA Authorization(s).
At any time you may request a copy of the HIPAA Authorization(s) you signed for the Community by contacting us at (877) 924-4472. Also, at any time you may revoke the HIPAA Authorization(s) you signed for the Community by contacting us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, if you revoke a HIPAA Authorization, you will not be able to participate in Community research activities that require the revoked HIPAA Authorization.
Uses and Disclosures by our Third Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third party companies we have engaged to assist us in providing the Community and our site to you, including Verve Partners North America Inc., which manages the Community. We bind our third party vendors through our contracts with them to only use and disclose your information as necessary to assist us in providing you with our site and the Community.
Security of the Information You Provide to Us for the Community
We are committed to securing your information. We protect your Identifiable Information in accordance with HIPAA’s security standards. We use technology that is designed for use with secure web servers. Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology encrypts your Information as it is transmitted over the Internet. You maintain the security of your information by keeping your user name, password and other personal information confidential. Our customer service representatives will never request your password. You may reach us by emailing us at
Community@Walgreens.com or by calling us at 1-800 WALGREENS.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary and invitation-only basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
As a registered member of the Community, you will be given a display name (first name last name). You can change this display name to something else by editing your profile. If you would prefer any comments you provide not to identify you to other Community members, please choose a made-up name.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions, and that they comply with them.
Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Access to Other Websites
We sometimes provide access to other World Wide Web sites from our site. But we don't endorse or approve any products or information offered at sites you reach through our site. Check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still on
viewpoint.walgreens.com or have moved to another website.
Intellectual Property Rights
Walgreens reserves title and full intellectual property rights for materials downloaded or otherwise received from our site. You cannot copy or post the content on any network computer or broadcast it in any media, and you cannot alter or modify the content in any manner. You also may not delete or change any copyright or trademark notices.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
By submitting your comments, photos, and videos you agree that we are able to use these in our presentations and reports, or in Community newsletters and on our site as described in these Terms and Conditions and your HIPAA Authorization(s).
All trademarks appearing on our site are ours (unless specifically stated otherwise) and nothing in our site shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any license or right to use any of those intellectual property rights displayed or subsisting on or in our site other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright and Trademark Information
WALGREENS AND WALGREENS VIEWPOINT, as well as other names, button icons, text, graphics, logos, images, designs, titles, words or phrases, audio clips, page headers and service names used on these services are the trademarks, service marks, trade names or other protected intellectual property of Walgreen Co. or its subsidiaries. They may not be used in connection with any third party products or services. All other brands and names are the property of their owners.
Copyright ©2016 Walgreen Co., 200 Wilmot Road, Deerfield, Illinois 60015. All rights reserved. We or our content providers own all of the content on our web site and our mobile applications, including text, customized graphics, photographs, music, data, images, audio and video clips and software. This property is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. In addition, the manner in which we have compiled, arranged and assembled our content is protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions.
Further terms, information and restrictions regarding copyright and trademark information are available at
The Internet is by its nature an unreliable medium. Consequently you accept that our site is offered on an ‘as is basis’ and ‘as available basis’. While we take all reasonable steps to ensure that our site is properly functioning at all times, we do not warrant that our site will be un-interrupted, timely, secure or error free, that defects will be corrected or that our site or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any website linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- Use or design cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party or other software designed to modify or interfere with our site or the services;
- Execute, assist, encourage, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon our site or the services, or other attempts to disrupt our site or the services or any other person's use or enjoyment of our site or the services;
- Try to gain unauthorized access to our site or the services, accounts registered to others or to any computer or server used to offer or support our site or the services, or networks connected to our site by any means other than the user interface provided by us, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying or causing to be modified, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, files, or software that is part of our site or the services;
- Use, facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection to our site, including without limitation (1) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate any part of our site or the services; or (2) any connection using programs, tools, or software not expressly approved by Walgreens;
- Use any unauthorized third party or other software that accesses, intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through our site or the services or that is in transit from or to our site, including, without limitation, any software that reads areas of RAM or streams of network traffic used by our site or the services to store information;
- Intercept, examine or otherwise observe any proprietary communications protocol used by a client, a server, our site, or the services, whether through the use of a network analyzer, packet sniffer or any other tools;
- Make any automated use of our site or the services, or take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- Bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we employ to restrict access to our site or the services or use any software, technology, or device to send content or messages, scrape, spider, or crawl our site or the services, or harvest or manipulate data; or
- Interfere or try to interfere with the proper functioning of our site or the services, or connect to or use our site or the services in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, including disrupting, overburdening, or assisting in or encouraging the disruption or overburdening of (1) any server used by our site; or (2) the enjoyment of our site or the services by any other person.
Entire Agreement, Venue and Choice of Law
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us. These Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated at any time at the sole discretion of Walgreens. In the case of inconsistencies between these Terms and Conditions and any information included in off-line materials (for example, promotional materials and mailers), these Terms and Conditions will always control. You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use services of other parties affiliated with Walgreen Co., third-party content or third-party software.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to choice of law rules, and by using our site you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts. Any claims arising out of or in connection with these services shall be resolved in accordance with the procedures outlined in Dispute resolution, below. If any part of this agreement is ruled to be unenforceable, then such part shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent necessary. The remainder of these Terms and Conditions, including any revised portion, shall remain and be in full force and effect.
You and we agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise between us will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this. Please read this section carefully. It affects your rights and will impact how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
Contact us first. If a dispute arises between you and us, our goal is to address your concerns and, if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Disputes between you and us regarding the services may be reported to customer service online at www.walgreens.com at any time, or by phone at 1–800–WALGREENS.
Agreement to Arbitrate. You and we each agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and us shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this “Agreement to Arbitrate.”
Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OUR OTHER USERS.
Arbitration Procedures. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its rules and procedures, including the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (as applicable), as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The AAA's rules are available at www.adr.org. A form for initiating arbitration proceedings is available on the AAA's website at http://www.adr.org. The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, you or we may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on you and us, subject to the arbitrator's discretion to require an in-person hearing, if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at an in-person hearing may be made by telephone by you and/or us, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different users of our site, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same user to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules, unless otherwise stated in this Agreement to Arbitrate. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, at your request, we will pay all filling, administration, and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration. Any request for payment of fees by us should be submitted by mail to the AAA along with your Demand for Arbitration and we will make arrangements to pay all necessary fees directly to the AAA. If the value of the relief sought is more than $10,000 and you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, we will pay as much of the filing, administration, and arbitrator fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. In the event the arbitrator determines the claim(s) you assert in the arbitration to be frivolous, you agree to reimburse us for all fees associated with the arbitration paid by us on your behalf that you otherwise would be obligated to pay under the AAA's rules.
Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in subsection (a) of this Agreement to Arbitrate ("Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief"), if a court decides that any part of this Agreement to Arbitrate is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this Agreement to Arbitrate shall still apply. If a court decides that any of the provisions in subsection (a) of this Agreement to Arbitrate Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Agreement to Arbitrate shall be null and void. The remainder of Agreement to Arbitrate, including all other provisions of this section (Dispute Resolution), will continue to apply.
Opt-Out Procedure. You can choose to reject this Agreement to Arbitrate ("opt out") by mailing us a written opt-out notice ("Opt-Out Notice"). For new members of the Community, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than 30 Days after the date you accept these Terms and Conditions for the first time. [If you are already a current member of the Community and previously accepted this Agreement to Arbitrate prior to the introduction of this Agreement to Arbitrate, the Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than 30 days after you first accept and acknowledge this revised Agreement to Arbitrate. You must mail the Opt-Out Notice to Walgreen Co., Attn: Litigation and Regulatory Law Department, 104 Wilmot Road, MS 1431, Deerfield, IL 60015. The Opt-Out Notice must state that you do not agree to this Agreement to Arbitrate and must include your name, address, phone number, and the email address(es) used to log in to our site to which the opt-out applies. You must sign the Opt-Out Notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of this Agreement to Arbitrate. If you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate, all other parts of these Terms and Conditions, including all other provisions of this section, will continue to apply. Opting out of this Agreement to Arbitrate has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with us.
The failure of Walgreen Co. to exercise or enforce any of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such Terms and Conditions. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to our site, the service or these Terms and Conditions will be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose, or be forever barred.
Those persons outside the United States who choose to use or access our site from their own jurisdictions do so at their own risk and on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, to the extent any local laws are applicable.
Last modified: February 2021